Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) (made in 2003)
Advanced virtual set
Video (HD 1080p)
CGI making of video
1) All scenes almost 90 percent made in front blue screen.
2) Film was in developmewnt 6 years.
3) In computer farm studio many processors was broken - even ther was 2000 condtinioners and ventilators to lower heat of processors -too much energy was need for cgi farm.,
4) Filming was completed in just 29 days. Normally with sets and locations, filming could have taken the best part of a year to finish.
5) There actually were a few sets built. The only full set constructed was Polly's office, used during the scene where she is confronted by Editor Paley before leaving to meet Dr. Jennings. Dr. Jennings' lab contained many real tables and props, with bluescreen backgrounds, and his office was almost entirely real with the exception of the exterior seen through the window which the Mysterious Woman uses to escape.
6) The interior of Radio City Music Hall is actually not computer generated; rather, the background is comprised of digital photographs taken by Darin Hollings and Eric Adkins, merged together to create a panorama backdrop. The same was done for the lobby of The Chronicle building, which was actually a combination of multiple different building interiors edited together.
7) About virtual set watch here - Nano-Space (1991).
Site Developed from 2016-2017 Contacts
Site Launched -2018, january Created by - Woropaew
Watch also my other site: Ultimate history of videogames
tags: history of computer animation, ultimate history of computer animation , evolution of CGI,CGI
#CGI #computeranimationhistory #computeranimation